ABOUT NEET PG - 2021
NEET PG is an eligibility-cum-ranking examination prescribed as the single entrance examination for admission to various MD/MS and PG Diploma Courses as per Section 61(2) of the National Medical Commission Act, 2019 read with 10 (D) of Indian Medical Council Act, 1956.
No other entrance examination, either at the state or the Institution level, shall be valid for entry to MD/MS/PG Diploma courses.
Qualifying NEET-PG is mandatory for entry to MD/MS/PG Diploma courses under various Universities/ Institutions in the country. NEET-PG is mandatory even for foreign nationals seeking admission in medical courses in India.
NEET-PG 2021 will be conducted by NBE. Candidates may note that the role of NBE is limited to the conduct of NEET-PG, declaration of the result and handing over the result to the designated counseling authority. Verification of documents and eligibility determination of the candidates shall be undertaken at the time of counseling/admission process.
Candidates are advised to read the Information Bulletin carefully and go through the instructions regarding submission of online application form given in the information bulletin as well as on NEET-PG 2021 index page on NBE website https://nbe.edu.in before starting online submission process for NEET-PG 2021.
Candidates are deemed to have read, agreed and accepted the Information Bulletin, eligibility criteria and the terms and conditions in the Information Bulletin for NEET-PG 2021 on completing the online submission of the application form.
A candidate can submit NEET-PG 2021 application form only once. Any candidate found to have submitted more than one application form for NEET-PG 2021 may be debarred from NEET-PG, his/her candidature may be canceled and further action as deemed appropriate by NBE shall be taken.
Application for NEET-PG 2021 can only be submitted online through NBE website https://nbe.edu.in. There is no other methodology for application submission. Application submitted through any other mode shall be summarily rejected.
NEET PG 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The NEET PG 2021 eligibility criteria for aspirants appearing in the postgraduate medical examination has been listed below.
- Candidates in possession of MBBS degree or Provisional MBBS Pass Certificate recognized as per the provisions of the NMC Act, 2019 and the repealed Indian Medical Council Act 1956 and possessing permanent or provisional registration certificate of MBBS qualification issued by the NMC/ the erstwhile Medical Council of India or State Medical Council and have completed one year of internship or are likely to complete the internship on or before 30th June 2021, may apply for NEET-PG 2021 through online application system at website https://nbe.edu.in
- CUT-OFF DATE FOR COMPLETION OF INTERNSHIP 30TH JUNE 2021.
- Candidates found to be ineligible at any stage of NEET-PG 2021 will not be permitted to appear in the examination and/or counseling. In an unlikely event of any ineligible candidate appearing and/or being successful in the NEET-PG 2021, the results/ candidature of such candidate shall be cancelled and/or
are deemed to be cancelled.
- Requests for appearing in NEET-PG 2021 from candidates completing internship after 30th June 2021 or having qualifications that are not recognized as per the NMC Act, 2019 and the repealed IMC Act, 1956 shall be summarily rejected. Candidates are further advised not to canvass for the same.
- The dates indicated by candidates with regard to 12 months Compulsory Rotating Resident Internship in the application form (i.e. internship starting and completion date) shall be treated as final and candidates will be required to submit the original Compulsory Rotating Resident Internship completion certificate at
the time of counseling/admission in allotted Medical College/Institute.
- The cut-off dates for the recognition of the Medical Colleges, from where the candidates have passed their MBBS Degree Course and completed compulsory rotatory Internship for the year 2021 will be as prescribed by the NMC/ the erstwhile Medical Council of India. The Colleges recognized after the cut-off date prescribed by the NMC will not be considered.
- Registration with the NMC/ the erstwhile Medical Council of India or State Medical Council is necessary and its documentary proof should be furnished by the candidates on the day of examination and at the time of counseling/admission.
- Some of the Universities/Institutions are having regulations that candidates who are already pursuing the PG Course in their University or in another University are not eligible for admission till they complete the course. The candidates who are already pursuing PG Courses either through All India Quota or State Quota and are applying for a seat under All India Quota/State quota seats may confirm the eligibility conditions of that
University in this regard. NBE/MoHFW/Designated Counseling Authority shall not be responsible if such candidates are refused for admission. Such candidates may opt for the subject and the college at their own risk and cost.
- The definition of NRI for admission to Deemed University shall be as per Hon’ble Supreme Court order dated 22/08/2017 in WP 689/2017.
- Eligibility of candidates issued admit card for the examination shall be purely provisional. Appearing in NEET-PG 2021 does not confer any automatic rights upon the candidate for admission to MD/MS/PG Diploma courses.
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR FOREIGN MEDICAL GRADUATES: Indian citizens or overseas citizens of India who have obtained their Primary Medical Qualifications from Medical Colleges outside India should have qualified the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (Screening Test) as per Screening Test
Regulations, 2002 which is conducted by National Board of Examinations. Further, they should have been registered with the NMC/ the erstwhile Medical Council of India or State Medical Council and should have completed their internship or likely to complete their internship on or before 30th June 2021. Foreign
Medical Graduates are required to bring their FMGE Pass certificate issued by NBE on their testing day alongwith the provisional/permanent registration certificate issued by a medical council.
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR FOREIGN NATIONALS: It is not mandatory for foreign nationals to have temporary registration with National Medical Commission (NMC) at the time of writing NEET-PG. Foreign Nationals can write NEET-PG without registration with NMC. The NMC may, on payment of the prescribed fee for registration, grant temporary registration for the duration of the Post Graduate course limited to the medical college/institution to which he/she is admitted for the time being exclusively for pursuing postgraduate studies. Provided further that temporary registration to such foreign national shall be subject
to the condition that such person is duly registered with appropriate registering authority in his own country where from he has obtained his Basic Medical qualification, and is duly recognized by the corresponding Medical Council or concerned authority.”
SCOPE OF NEET-PG - 2021
NEET-PG 2021 shall be the single eligibility cum entrance examination for admission to MD/MS/PG Diploma Courses for the academic session 2021 which will include the following:
1. All India 50% quota seats for all States/Union territories of India.
2. State quota seats for all States/Union territories of India.
3. All Private Medical Colleges, Institutions & Universities/Deemed Universities all across the country
4. Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions.
5. Post MBBS DNB Courses and Post MBBS NBE Diploma Courses
The following Medical institutions are not covered by centralized admissions for MD/MS seats through NEET- PG for 2021 session:
1. AIIMS, New Delhi and other AIIMS
2. PGIMER, Chandigarh
3. JIPMER, Puducherry
4. NIMHANS, Bengaluru
5. Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum
No State Government/Private Medical college/Universities shall be conducting any separate entrance for admission to their MD/MS/PG Diploma Courses for the admission session 2021